Self-loathing thoughts can be tough to manage however, with consistency and practice you can offset them and develop a more positive mindset. Here are 5 strategies to deal with those thoughts:
- Meditation: This practice can help to a achieve a calmer and clearer state of mind. One of the goals of meditation is to improve awareness, increase relaxation and overall well being.
- Counter your negative thoughts with facts :Once you identify negative thoughts, , challenge their validity. Continue to ask yourself if there is evidence to support these thoughts or if they are based on irrational beliefs.
- Journaling : Keep track of your thoughts and the reality and or outcomes. Look back and reflect on any patterns or behaviors.
- Say what you would say to a friend to you yourself : At times we give the best advise for our friends yet don’t practice the same kindness on ourselves. Pour the same positivity you give to others in to yourself.f
- Identify the root cause of your thoughts : Past negative experiences and from the past and perfectionism can shape a person’s perspective and contribute to negative thoughts