Updated December 26, 2022
In our commitment to protect your data from unwanted disclosure, we are committed to the following:
- We will not disclose your personal information with any parties that are not authorized to receive that information
- Only authorized employees, contractors and suppliers may view your information, and only as needed to complete payment processing or carrying out services related to your program
- Ensure that our suppliers and contractors abide by our privacy policies
- Upon request, we will delete your personal information from our records
Information We Collect
We may collect the following information to improve your experience when visiting our website and to secure and carry out registration for our Services:
- Email address
- IP Address (when Client visits our website)
Our third party hosting site may also collect additional information from you to become a registered user. Only registered users may view, make comments and draft posts on our online forums.
How We Collect Your Information
- Via online forms. We may request your contact information to subscribe you to company updates, or to share information relevant to your purchase. You can unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time.
- Via registration forms to become a registered user of our forums.
- Via email. We may request additional information from you via email that may be necessary to process a purchase or help you with Services you may have requested from us.
How We Use Your Information
We do not disclose your information outside the necessary actions register you for Services, collect payments, and keep you up to date on Company updates:
- To notify you of relevant forum activity, if you opt in for such communications
- To send you company updates and marketing information (unless you opt out of such communications)
- To improve your interaction with our website by displaying links and ads from our third party advertisers for services and products that may be of interest to you
- To comply with government authorities and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with law, we may release personal information to third parties: (1) to comply with legal to comply with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; (2) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or (3) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In addition, we may disclose personal information as described below.
How We Protect Your Information
The information you provide to us is collected via encrypted systems when possible, and when not possible, we ensure that access is limited only to Suddenly Sick staff and third parties during processes required to complete payments. If you wish to have your information removed from our systems, please send us a request at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe to email communications that you receive from us, you can use the unsubscribe link, or respond to the email with your request to be removed from the email list.
More About Your Rights
Suddenly Sick is devoted to protecting your information from unwanted disclosure and the protection of your data rights set forth by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). Your data rights under these laws include:
- Data Access. Upon request, you have the right to receive any information relating to your data and our processing of your data. The requested information shall be provided in writing or by other means, including, where appropriate, by electronic means within 30 days of a written request.
- Data Correction. You have the right to request us to change any inaccurate or incomplete personal information on our platform. If we have shared your personal information with any third parties, we will notify those parties that we have received a request to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information on our platform, unless doing so proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
- Data Removal. You can request that your personal information be removed from our platform. We will promptly comply with your request and notify third parties who may have your personal information of your request to remove your information.
- Opt-Out of Communications: You may request to opt out of marketing communications from us at anytime by selecting the unsubscribe option or responding to any email with your request to opt out of emails or other communications.
- Non-Discrimination. The CPRA protects you from any discrimination that may result from you exercising your rights listed above. If you believe your data rights have been violated, you can contact the California Attorney General’s office to issue a complaint.
Any disputes that may arise regarding user data will be subject to this Policy and the jurisdiction and laws of the State of New York